Total Pageviews

Friday 12 February 2010

A Bigger and Better Blog for the New Year!

The blog is back! Bigger and better for 2010, after a nice long break over Christmas. Enough dossing about, its time to get into some hardcore journalism! No more easing into the course and taking it slow. Its time to get thrown into the deep end with a bit of radio production, followed by TV production after Easter. I have been acquainted with my old friends, Intro to Media and HCJ for this semester, and although total lecture time is approx 8 hours this semester, I am sure there will be lots of blogging to do, as well as reading and trips out to council meetings and court cases!

Over Christmas I realised I did not put 100% into last semester, preferring to take shortcuts and leave things until the last minute, but alas, this is not the case for 2010! I did not leave my friends and family 100 miles away to come to Winchester just to doss about for 3 years. My sole aim is to achieve the highest grade I can and take home a degree in Journalism! Therefore, to all my followers, I am sure there will be many, many blogs to keep you occupied in the weeks to come!

I will make a separate blog post in which I shall get my teeth into this weeks HCJ lecture notes, but for now I will provide a quick update of the beginning of Semester 2.
Tutorials and exam results are in, of which I am pleased with the feedback, bar one minor hiccup (HCJ exam) but overall I passed every module. I have also managed to secure a house next year with two of my lovely coursemates, Cara and Justina, which I believe will be very beneficial, as we will all have the same work to do and lectures to attend. With that worry out of my mind, I am ready to start Semester 2.
I am also being reunited with an old friend from semester 1: Shorthand, which I have vowed to continue, after being advised that it will really help me with a future career in Journalism, as it will put me above anyone without it.

Practical journalism this semester involves Radio and TV production, and some VERY interesting lectures on the government. However, although the lectures may drag slightly, I am looking forward to getting off campus and going to council meetings and court cases, of which I will update my experience!

That's all for now. Next blog will be on HCJ lecture notes.

2 comments:

  1. i am sure you will do very well karen - you are definately coming on. Why there is only eight hours of HCJ lectures is so that you can pearn. The only time when you DO NOT learn is when you are in a room with a lecturer or a teacher. You can ONLY learn when you are reading and thinking and arguing with your peers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean learn not pearn - writing this on a train

    ReplyDelete