Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 November 2011

The Radio Lifestyle!

Today is the big day! Our RSL is about to be launched, and I'm busy producing news bulletins. For the next 4 weeks I will be living in the radio studio, from 7.30am-6.05pm. I have a rota system with the MA students, so that there are 3 or 4 of us in for the morning shift (7.30-1) and then a different team in the afternoon (1.30-6). Due to other commitments, my weekend team consists of only 2 people per shift. The idea is for the morning team to update the current bulletin, but also to begin producing the afternoon bulletin, so that when the teams change, there is a bulletin ready for them to read through. Their task is then to begin producing the bulletin for the following day, which will be updated the following morning with any current stories or information before it is broadcast.
I think the next 4 weeks are going to be a challenge, especially with other academic and medical commitments I am obliged to do, such as law blogs, law revision, the law exam next week, as well as physiotherapy and hydrotherapy appointments.
The biggest challenge is on a Thursday and a Friday, as the MA students have lectures all day. This means I am on my own to produce and present the bulletins on both of these days, although we are currently looking for people to help out on these days.
I am really excited about the RSL and looking forward to finding out how many listeners we have. I have learnt a lot about radio production this semester, and have enjoyed it much more than I thought I would, to the point where I am even considering a career in radio.
Sound Radio is broadcasting on 87.7fm until 21st December, in Winchester and the surrounding areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment