Total Pageviews

Monday 24 October 2011

Radio Bulletin Week 4 feedback

This is my personal feedback for this weeks radio bulletin.
I decided to pre-record the bulletin this week, to give me a chance to understand how to use all the equipment on my own, and be able to control the sound levels of the bed and the recording without trying to read the script at the same time.
I edited the WINOL bulletin, and found other local and national stories with audio to fill the bulletin. It was recorded, edited and finished by Wednesday night, but I was well aware that there could be more important news between then and Friday evening that would need to go into the bulletin.
As I could have guessed, one of the biggest stories broke on Thursday. The death of Colonel Gadaffi. I knew this had to lead the bulletin, and so wrote a script, and got some audio cuts from IRN.
I edited the beginning of the bulletin, and decided to read live until the first audio clip from the pre-record (Julie's police investigation). I then played the pre-recorded bulletin until the final audio clip (Marwell Wildlife) and read the sport and sign-off live. This was so that there would not be a noticeable change in audio from live to pre-record, because it was broken up with an audio cut.
I had to make a snap decision to cut out a sports story, while I was reading the top sports piece. This was because the bulletin would have over-run if I had included it, which I was keen not to do, as the radio station follows a schedule, with the pre-flirt show starting at 6.15. I finished the bulletin at 6.11pm, which gave enough time for the next show to be set up.
I feel that the bulletin went really well this week. I had to overcome issues to a deadline, as the audio clips would not import onto the system at 5.45pm so I had to go back and change the settings on them, and then have them imported and ready by 6pm. I am also pleased that I managed to add to and re-edit the bulletin when breaking news occurred, and still meet my deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment