Total Pageviews

Friday 21 October 2011

A summary of radio so far...

This is my 4th week as radio editor, and I have been producing weekly WINOL-style news bulletins for Sound Radio. These are broadcast every Friday at 6pm.

The way that I put the bulletin together is to take the audio cuts from the WINOL bulletin, and re-write the script, as well as find my own local and national news with audio cuts to include as well.

The bulletin is aimed to be 10 minutes long, however they have only been approx 8 minutes so far.

The first week I had help from the Radio Society to use the equipment. In the second week, I had someone with me to operate the mixer, whilst I read the script, however, in the third week, I was on my own, and had to rely on my own knowledge to use the equipment. I used the feedback I had been given previously to try and improve the bulletin, by lowering the volume of the bed, and talking slower.

Today is my 4th bulletin. I had already put it together on Wednesday, and was very confident on how it sounded, however after Colonel Gadaffi was shot dead, I knew I would need to re-edit the bulletin and put this as my lead story. After changing the script and inserting the audio clips for the story, the bulletin is ready to go.

I think that the challenges I have faced have helped me to improve the bulletin each week, and the fact that I have had to update and edit the bulletin as news breaks, shows that I am working well under pressure.

I am looking forward to running hourly bulletins when the studio is ready, because I feel it will give me a new challenge, and really push me to produce a quality news bulletin, every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment